Following the very popular COPS Office campus threat assessment training sessions run by Margolis, Healy & Associates -- we are once again offering a day-long training session on Best Practices in Campus Threat Assessment & Threat Management. This session will be held on Thursday, January 12, 2012 and will be hosted by Goucher College in Baltimore, MD. For more information - or to register - please CLICK HERE.
This session is open to all higher education personnel and local law enforcement officials. Topics will include:
- Current best practices in campus threat assessment and threat management and the new national standards.
- Case studies of targeted attacks.
- How to operate an effective campus threat assessment team.
- Steps to take in identifying, investigating, and evaluating threats and other disturbing behavior on campus.
- Developing and implementing case management plans to reduce risk.
- Case studies of prevented incidents.
- Understanding legal issues in campus threat assessment and new legal developments.
- Finding solutions to common problems facing campus threat assessment teams.